When you use https://brevity.sh (Brevity), we collect some personal information from you. However, this site has been designed to minimize the information collected.
- When you register, Brevity only collects a valid email address that you control.
- When you create summaries on Brevity, you do so of your own volition. Brevity does not require you to submit any personal data nor will it process the personal data that might be contained in your content.
- Brevity does not directly collect payment information. Brevity uses Stripe (www.stripe.com) to process payments. As a result of this integration, the following items of your data will be visible to Brevity through the tools provided by Stripe - your name, your email address, your country, the amount paid to Brevity, and the taxes paid on the transaction.
- For delivering emails, Brevity uses Firebase (firebase.google.com). Your email address may be stored within their servers. Brevity has access to information regarding the delivery of those emails through Firebase.
- For monitoring usage and maintaining service quality, we record the IP addresses of all visitors to our site. This allows us to limit free users to a maximum of three summaries per day, ensuring fair access for all users. This data is retained for a period of 24 hours.
Use of Information
The personal information collected will only be used to provide you with the services that you have subscribed to receive from Brevity and to continually enhance your experience on Brevity. We may send you email notifications regarding your service (such as invoices) and marketing emails about our services. You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link located in the footer of our emails.
Data Retention, Deletion, and Export
- All information collected will be retained only for as long as your account remains in existence.
- The summaries you create are available publicly and are auto-deleted within 7 days of their creation.
- Data stored on our servers is not encrypted, and is retrievable to the operators of Brevity. Brevity uses Firebase (firebase.google.com) for its databases.
- If you would like to delete your entire account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will take up to 30 days.
- If you would like to receive any other data related to your account, please write to email@example.com requesting the same. Your request will be completed within 30 days of the confirmation of its receipt, provided the data requested does not infringe on the privacy of other users.
Grievances or Questions